Frequently Asked Questions
No. iPrizeWheel runs natively on your iPad. However, you do need internet connection and access to email via WiFi or 3G in order to export/import data and campaign settings. You can use the full functionality of the app, including data collection, without the need of a WiFi/3G connection!
We have hidden the settings icon in the top right corner of the screen. To access the settings when the wheel is displayed, simply tap the blank white area at the top right corner once, and the settings icon will appear. Tap it again to return to your apps settings.
V2.0 PREMIUM now allows you to set up a wheel and then export those settings to a second iPad so you can then import and quickly mirror your settings without having to go through the set up again.
Here are the steps to do this. Because it involves sending and receiving email, WIFI or 3G Internet connection is required:
- Select EDIT EXISTING CAMPAIGN from the main home screen.
- Select your campaign.
- Select "Export Campaign" from the pop-up menu and email this data to an address set up on your other iPads (you will need access this email on your other iPads).
- On your second iPad, open the email you just sent yourself and press/hold on the CapaignData.ipw attachment icon in the email, then select "Open in iPrizeWheel."
- This will create a new campaign on your iPad with all your settings, including any logo/icon! You can then edit the campaign just like any other.
NOTE: If nothing is happening when you select EXPORT CAMPAIGN, you more than likely do not have a working email set up in the iPad's Mail app. The export campaign needs to send an email attachment that contains all your campaign data so if email is not set up, this won't work.
This is another new feature introduced in V2.0 for PREMIUM users that acts as an in app screen saver for iPrizeWheel.
Simply set up the Kiosk Mode in the EDIT CAMPAIGN screen and iPrizeWheel will transition to the screen saver, playing any video/photos that you select. You can return to iPrizeWheel simply by tapping anywhere on the screen!
NOTE: If you are receiving an error when selecting Images, it's possible localization settings are turned off. Go to your iPad's main settings, select "Location Services" and make sure both Location Services main tab and iPrizeWheel is turned ON.
Customization options includes selecting photos or video to autoplay at a specific time the app is not in use (ex: 2 minutes). Photos must be selected in the same gallery. Also, a combo of photos and videos cannot be used with this update. We are looking to improving this in future updates. You can also choose the transition style between photos and the seconds during transitions for photos. This feature can be toggled ON/OFF at any time.
iPrizeWheel is an app that requires an Apple iPad to run. It will run all all versions of the iPad.
A great feature introduced on the iPad 2 and the new 2012 iPad model (not available on original iPad) is mirroring whatever’s on your iPad 2 or 3 screen—apps like iPrizeWheel, presentations, websites, and more—on your HDTV or HDMI-compatible display in up to 1080p HD. A $39 adaptor is available from Apple here and allows an HDMI output as well as the standard iPad charge cord. If you have the newer iPad 4 (with smaller lightening connector), you need this accessory from Apple for $49.00.
(Note that with mirroring, the 30-pin to lightening adaptor will not work. You need the new AV accessory for the lightening connection.) For larger events where it's necessary to elevate your HDTV above the crowd, we recommend this TV stand from Outlet PC. It's the cheapest solution we've found, ships to you free and is a beautiful design. Total weight of the stand is about 70 lbs and holds up to a 60" TV!
iPrizeWheel was launched May 27, 2011 and we are already fielding comments from our customers and implementing their suggestions for future upgrades. All updates to the app are 100% free. Once purchased, you will never pay again for additional features and there are no monthly costs! (NOTE: We are working on additional wheels for the app and there may be additional costs to upgrade to those wheels, but features will remain free.)
This is a bit tricky thanks to the inability to upload via the iPad, but it's just a number of easy steps that we'll walk you through.
- On your PC, upload your logo to the web using your own site, or use a free photo sharing site like Flickr, Picasa or Photo Bucket.
To ensure your logo is clear, we recommend keeping it no larger than 400 pixels in width and 200 pixels in height.
- Write down the URL of your image (http://www.websiteaddress.com/imagename.jpg for example).
- Open Safari web browser on your iPad and enter the URL of the image. Once open on your screen, tap and hold the image and "Save Image"
- Open up iPrizeWheel, go into your Premium Settings and click on "Replace "Spin To Win".
- Select the image you just saved in your iPad's Photo Albums, move and scale your logo and then click on "Use.
Simply open iPrizeWheel, tap on EDIT CAMPAIGN and the select EXPORT DATA. This will attached a CSV file to an email which you can then email to yourself (email has to be set up on your iPad) and then you can open this on your desktop or laptop using Excel!
As long as you are using the iTunes Store account that was used with the initial purchase, iTunes will not bill you to redownload the app. Simply go to the App store and purchase/download again just like before. Despite the pop-ups to purchase, you will not be charged and the final pop-up from iTunes will recognize your previous purchase and wave the fee.
If iPrizeWheel is crashing when you are attempting to retrieve your data, the data file has become corrupt. While this is very rare, we understand the concern this causes as you attempt to retrieve the data collected from your event. We are not sure what is causing this but there is a way to still retrieve your data! It does take a few steps, but your data is still there and we can help you retreive it! NOTE: It is important that you DO NOT Sync your iPad or remove iPrizeWheel from your iPad. Doing so will result in complete loss of data.
Follow these steps to retrieve your data:
- Connect your iPad to iTunes using the USB connection from your iPad to your computer. Open up iTunes (DO NOT SYNC).
- Find your iPad in iTunes and then click on APPS.
- In the File Sharing window, you will see iPrizeWheel under Apps. Click on that. You will then see "iPrizeWheel Documents" in the window to the right. There should be a file called "iPrizeWheel_DB1.sql" listed. Highlight that and "SAVE TO" your desktop.
- You now need to download a program that can open and read .sql files. We recommend SQLite Database Browser which can be downloaded for free here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlitebrowser/
- Open the .sql file using SQLite Database Browser. Export your data by selecting FILE > EXPORT > TABLE AS CSV FILE. Change Table name to tblUser and click EXPORT button. Save the file with the extension .csv to your desktop.
- You can now open your data using EXCEL.
If you need help with the above steps, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Have a question that we didn't answer? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.